Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Shooting RAW


It's a sad fact that I've had my camera since October and had never ventured into shooting RAW. I finally decided to see what it's all about. My misgivings about shooting RAW had mostly to do with the dreaded post-processing workflow. I kept reading about the so-called workflow. I am a person who likes to avoid complexity of any kind so the idea of having to add so many steps before having a ready image kept me from venturing into RAW. HELLOOOOOO!!!! I will never shoot jpeg again. I can't believe the possibilities that open up with RAW files! It's a miracle. Having a camera that can shoot RAW and shooting jpeg is analogous to owning a car and just letting it sit in the driveway. But on to the good stuff. Here is a photo of a beautiful baby that I had the opportunity to photograph this weekend. She is a little doll and her mom is super cool. We had a great time and because of the afore mentioned workflow issues coupled with internet issues the last two days, I am only able to post one from the shoot. It happens to be my favorite one though. Told you she was cute!

3 comments:

kathy said...

What an amazing shot!!! Brilliant!!

Caryn said...

that's quite a fine shot!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this shot. The colors, the framing and the sweet moment you managed to capture. Elle