Thursday, May 10, 2007

Shooting RAW: The Sequel





Ok, wow. I've got tons of images to post and still more to proof. I can totally see how one would get backlogged when shooting 50-100 RAW files per day. I've had three shoots this week and can hardly keep up with all the proofing. Thank goodness for iPhoto, a sweet little program that allows me to view the RAW files right away. I can't say enough good things about iPhoto for viewing. Even for quick little fixes it does a great job. For more involved stuff though, Photoshop is key. I still can't figure out how to get the files to open in PS. iPhoto launches immediately on my computer and because I'm so impatient, I just let them download.
I promised to post photos with the new lens. A few of these were taken with it, but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed because it is very difficult to get ultra sharp photos with that lens. It's not very fast and unless there is a lot of light, I keep going back to my 50mm 1.4 lens. Super fast, super sharp. Especially for someone like me who has trouble keeping still. I read something about bracing your left elbow on your chest for more stability. Huh? My elbow doesn't come anywhere near my chest. I wonder if they meant hip, or stomach...Anyways. Here are some more images and more still to come. I've included a little teaser from one of the other shoots. Don't want to give up the goods all at once.

2 comments:

Manzor said...

Hi Wendy! To change iPhoto's behavior for downloads, you actually have to open Image Capture and set your preference for downloading there. Image Capture is not a typical application but it does live in the Applications folder. It is really more of a utility and the first place to visit if you want to set up more options for your image downloading pleasures.

Wendy said...

Thank you John. I found it and have changed my preferences. Very cool.