Tuesday, May 1, 2007

It's finally sunny!



Springtime in Oregon can be hard to get through. The rain tends to come down hardest in spring. Then it hails. But sometimes these gorgeous sunny days pop up and we get a little peek of summer, the most glorious season in Portland. But those of us who've lived in Portland for a long time know to be opportunistic. Just one of those days can recharge me long enough to withstand another stretch of wet days. Here are a couple of pictures from some sunny days this week. I'm still shooting with my 50mm. I ordered a new lens and I can't wait for it to come. Maybe tomorrow? It is a Nikon 55-200 zoom with their awesome VR technology. This basically eliminates the problem of camera shake when shooting at long focal lengths. It used to be almost impossible to shoot long lengths handheld. You needed a tripod to get really sharp photos. But this technology compensates for that. I will be posting many photos after I get that lens. For now, I have to be up close. As for post processing: none. Other than the watermark. These images are SOOC (Straight Out Of Camera). I love my Nikon!

No comments: