Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Senior portrait season




What a week! Between family visiting, packing for a move, packing for a trip and shooting, there has not been much time to post here on the blog. But this post will hopefully have been worth waiting for. This girl is soooooooo gorgeous! I had the opportunity of shooting some senior portraits of her. We had about 45-50 minutes of what the French refer to as l'heure magique or the magic hour, that glorious time just before sundown when the light is golden and everything glows and shimmers. Basically, we were racing against nightfall. But it was so worth it. I usually shoot a hundred or so images per hour and get about 30-40 that are "keepers". Well, I ended up with about 111 gorgeous shots of this girl. She didn't blink in a single picture, no weird expressions, no stray hairs...just that perfect smoldering expression in every single image. This is why I love photography so much. Here are three chosen at random. There are many, many more.
On another note, I will be on vacation from July 11 until the 16th. I will be away from phone contact but will have email access. If you are waiting for proofs or prints, they will be completed shortly after my return.


Till soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great use of back light in the 1st one.