Saturday, January 23, 2010

California Beach Session







Hello! I've been messing around with this blog a little while I wait for my new blog to be ready. Hope you like it.

I've been meaning to blog this shoot for a while now and finally had the time to do it. Oh to live in California where you can get weather like this the day after Christmas! I did this shoot of my beautiful cousin and her super awesome family at one of my favorite little beaches close to where I grew up. We had about 30 minutes of glorious light and it was just enough to capture the love that flows so easily between them. I live for those simple, loving moments that families share. Catching them on camera is really the reason why I photograph. I love that this sweet little boy will grow up to see these pictures and have no doubt in his mind that he has been loved his whole life. My cousin's name means "soul" and she truly lives up to it. I am so blessed to have her in my life. She is turning out to be the sister I didn't get to have. If only we lived closer!

(Click on the images to view them larger)

No comments: