Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Finally figured out how to add watermarks!



Here they are on a couple of pictures I love. It's funny, everyone seems to be a whiz at Photoshop except for me. I have had PS7 for so long, I haven't even bothered to try. I finally got CS2 just as CS3 comes out, but oh well. I also have Aperture, which I love. It is very intuitive and seems far more user friendly than Photoshop. I'm reading the book to learn all the tricks. That's another thing about me...I'm a total manual reader. I think it's because I'm a technical writer! Last night I went to the library and came home with a stack of books about CS2. I like to teach myself stuff and love the challenge of learning. About the watermarks, this is a variation on my logo (yes, I'll post it soon!) which I think works well for stamping on images. I have worked with film for so long that the digital world is still new. I've had a digital camera since 2000 but not a digital SLR. The digital SLR is a totally different beast. And post processing, well, let's just say that I am a bit overwhelmed by the options. I think simple is best. Though there are some people out there doing crazy stuff that pushes the limits and blurs the line between photography and painting. When digital cameras first came out I told my dad, "I will NEVER shoot digital. It's not real!" And he said "It IS real, it's just another tool, that's all. It's no less art than film, just different." He was (as always) right. But I am glad for my film roots. It just makes things easier now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Wendy! I especially love Kian in the tube.
The logo looks great, too. Can't wait to see your long lens shots.
Love, Dad.